Helen Newberry Joy Hospital is pleased to announce its Cardiac Rehabilitation Program will resume services on Monday, November 2nd. The program had previously been put on hold due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
“We know how important this program is to our community, but we also wanted to ensure the safety of
participants. Program Leader, Kaleb Powell, is excited to get the program back up and running and begin working with our patients in a safe and healthy environment,” said Rehabilitation Services Director, Jen Lusk.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 amongst this compromised patient population, HNJH has several safety measures in place. They include:
- The Wellness Center will remain closed to the general public.
- Patients will be seen on an individual basis, with plenty of time allotted between sessions for
proper sanitization of equipment.
- Patients will wear masks during their sessions.
- Patients will be encouraged to use our hand sanitizing stations located in the Wellness Center.
- Social distancing will be practiced when PT/OT clients are utilizing the Wellness Center.
Program hours are Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM. Patients will need a physician order and can call 293.9128 to schedule an appointment.